This guide was created as a tutorial for new Marc Pro users to get started with their device. After reading (or watching), you will have an understanding on how to set up and use your unit. You will also get some additional tips and best practices for improving your results.
Make sure to also read the user manual for important FDA information.
Everything you need to get started is included with your Marc Pro or Marc Pro Plus device.
- Carrying case
- Black lead wire
- Gray lead wire
- 6 packs of electrodes
- User manual
- Aloe gel
Setting up the Unit:
Plug the gray lead wire into Channel A and the black lead wire into Channel B.
Insert the pins on the opposite end of the lead wires into the base of each electrode.
Refer to the user manual for some guidelines on where to place the electrodes. The electrodes do not need to be placed precisely as shown in the user manual. The goal is to produce a strong, yet comfortable muscle contraction, so you can feel free to move the pads to achieve this.
What’s the aloe gel for? If your skin is dry or you want to improve conductivity, place a pea size amount of gel on your fingertip. Apply directly to the black sticky side of the pads or to the skin where you are going to place the pads.
Turning On/Off the Unit:
Marc Pro– Turn the dials clockwise until they click and the screen turns on. Continue moving clockwise to turn up the intensity. To turn off the unit, turn the dials counter clockwise until they click again and the screen turns off.
Marc Pro Plus– Press the power button at the top of the device. Select either LOW or HIGH for each channel. Turn the dials clockwise to increase the intensity. Turn the dials counter clockwise until you hear the click to turn the unit off. Press the power button at the top to fully shut off the unit.
Using the Unit for Recovery & Conditioning
Marc Pro & LOW setting on Marc Pro Plus
- Once you have the unit set up and ready to go, select the muscle(s) you want to target. Use the user manual for pad placement guidelines, but remember that the main goal is to produce a significant and comfortable contraction in the target muscle or muscle group. If you need to move the pads around an inch, half-inch etc., do so as this may produce a better contraction. Or if you want to target an area that is not listed in the user manual, place the pads on the densest part of the tissue or on either end of the muscle. Make sure the target area is contracting.
- For the best results, make sure you are in a comfortable, relaxed position.
- Turn on the unit and dial it up to an intensity that produces a good muscle contraction. Don’t worry about what the number says on the screen, it’s more important to do what feels good. Be sure not to resist the contractions, as this will counteract what the device is trying to do (moving nutrients and waste without causing fatigue).
- Use for 30-45 minutes a few times a week to see good results. For even greater benefit, try using the device every day or for longer sessions at a time (ie. 1-3 hours). Since Marc Pro is non-fatiguing, you can use it for as long or as often as you need. If you are dealing with a specific issue or weak link, try using the device as much as possible.
Using the Unit for Pain Relief
HIGH setting on Marc Pro Plus
- Refer to the user manual for placement tips. This setting will not produce a muscle contraction, instead it delivers a buzzing sensation to joints. The signal runs between the two pads of each lead wire, so it’s important to surround the area in pain with the electrodes. For joints, it’s best to sandwich the area in pain with two electrodes. For the back, it’s best to make a tight square with the pads around the spot of pain.
- Select HIGH setting and turn up the intensity so the sensation feels comfortable, but strong. As you get used to the sensation, continue to turn up the intensity. The higher you can get the intensity, the longer lasting the pain relief benefit will be.
- Use for 30-45 minutes. You can use it multiple times a day if needed, but make sure to move the pads around slightly to prevent skin irritation.
The electrodes are reusable for 20-25 uses. Once they start to lose their stickiness, they won’t conduct as well and will need to be replaced. To prolong their life, use them on clean skin and place back on plastic sheet and into the plastic bag.
Charging the Unit
The battery icon on the top of the screen will show a low reading and beep when it’s time to charge the unit. The battery will last a long time, but when it does need to be charged the unit must be turned off. Only use the charger that came with the unit. Using the wrong charger will damage the unit.
Need some additional help getting started? Schedule a coaching call with one of our product specialists.