Emily Schromm’s Two-Ingredient Protein Pancake Recipe
This quick, easy protein pancake recipe from Emily Schromm is the perfect meal for busy athletes or anyone who wants to add some more protein into their diet. Using only eggs and protein powder, it’s a delicious low carb, high protein alternative to traditional pancakes. This protein pancake recipe packs 40 grams of protein per serving!
Two-Ingredient Protein Pancake Recipe
- 2 eggs (depending on your type of protein powder you may need 3 eggs)
- 1 large scoop of protein powder
*1 TBSP coconut oil for greasing pan
- In a blender, add eggs and protein powder.
- Blend mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Check consistency of mixture. If it’s too runny, add in a little more protein powder or coconut flour. If it’s too thick, add in an extra egg.
- Melt coconut oil in hot pan over medium-high heat
- Distribute pancake mixture in pan. One recipe will make about 3-4 pancakes.
- Cook until you start to see bubbles form on the top of the pancake, then flip and cook alternate side.
- Serve pancakes with toppings of your choice. You can add in some extra good fats by topping it with cashew butter, almond butter, or peanut butter. Emily also suggests topping the pancakes with berries and honey.
Additional Tips from Emily
Cooking Oil: Emily prefers to cook with coconut oil. You could use avocado oil for this recipe since it also does well at high temperatures. However, avoid olive oil if you can since it doesn’t do as well with high heat.
Protein Powder: For this protein pancake recipe, you can use whatever protein powder you have available, but some will work better than others. Most people tend to have whey protein at their house which can be used, but since it’s derived from dairy it tends to not do as well with recipes. For this recipe, Emily uses an egg white and beef protein isolate.