Noah Ohlsen’s Favorite Mobility Exercise
Do you incorporate mobility exercises into your training routine? If not, it may be time to reconsider. Mobility exercises can help improve flexibility, decrease soreness, relieve joint pain, and prevent injuries. When your body is able operate efficiently, you can then perform better.
Noah Ohlsen shares his favorite mobility exercise to help with lower body mobility, specifically to help him with the pistol squat. This exercise can help improve mobility in the lower body and open up the joints for a better range of motion.
- Resistance Band
- Weight (Noah uses a dumbbell, but any type will work)
Mobility Exercise Steps:
- Wrap the resistance band low around a rig or something similar that can hold resistance
- Put the other end of the band around the top of one of your ankles where the shin turns into your foot
- Step as far forward as you can with the foot that’s in the band
- Lean forward so that your knee is overextended past your toes. Your position should be similar to the bottom position of the pistol squat. In this exercise, it’s okay to let your heel pull off the ground.
- Once in position, use the weight to add pressure on your quad. You can also rock back and forth to get extra range.
If you’re an athlete or lead an active lifestyle, taking measures to ensure your body stays healthy is essential. Mobility exercises like Noah’s are a big component of that. Allowing your body the proper recovery is another important piece of the puzzle. During activities, such as running, weight lifting, or even just sitting at a desk all day, muscles break down and become overused.
To keep our bodies in a healthy state, recovery from those activities is key. Marc Pro is the most effective recovery tool available. Full disclosure, Marc Pro is the company that wrote this article. But, we stand behind our product and are confident in the results it provides. Marc Pro is proven by over 100 pro teams, countless elite athletes, and thousands of everyday athletes.