The Marc Pro is intended for muscle conditioning by stimulating muscle in order to improve or facilitate muscle performance. The Marc Pro is not intended to be used for therapy or treatment of medical diseases or medical conditions.
How Will Marc Pro Help You?
- Reduce muscle fatigue or soreness
- Get back to training or playing sooner
- Train or play more often
- Less likely to quit or postpone exercise programs
- Maintain proper biomechanics
- Perform better
- Lessen the likelihood of injury
- If you improve the recovery process you get more gains from the resistance training that you are already doing
- Over-used is really the same as under-recovered
- If you can’t or don’t want to do less then you need to recover more to help prevent over-use injury
- More vessels means your body can deliver more oxygenated blood; therefore, muscles can do more, last longer, and perform better
- Targeting specific areas or weak links is extremely easy with Marc Pro
- Conditioning sessions when exercise is not possible (downtime) can help prevent regression
- Conditioning makes it easier to begin or complete exercise programs or other desired activities
How the Marc Pro Helps Muscle Recovery
The basis for post exercise recovery is the normalization of tissue through the movement of nourishment and waste. Marc Pro is specifically designed and excels at this particular task. The Marc Pro muscle conditioning device creates unique, strong, but completely non-fatiguing muscle contractions that set off a cascading series of physiologic events. We call this a Muscle Activated Recovery Cascade, or “MARC™” for short.
The process begins with the activation of Nitric Oxide (NO), which dilates blood vessels and leads to increased flow delivering more oxygenated blood and nutrients to the area. The lymphatic and venous systems also require and benefit from localized muscle activity. Because of this, using the Marc Pro after physical activity helps move the related waste and deoxygenated blood away from the fatigued area(s). This exchange of nourishment and waste, without stress or fatigue, accelerates the recovery of the muscle.
How the Marc Pro Improves Muscle Performance
- First, decreasing the down time between workouts and being more fully recovered for your next workout allows you to accelerate muscle development through a disciplined training program.
- Second, when the same Muscle Activated Recovery Cascade (Nitric Oxide, vascular dilatation, more oxygenated blood and nourishment) takes place on a regular basis, the result demonstrated in our research is the development of new blood vessels (capillaries) – a process known as angiogenesis. More capillary blood vessels in a muscle equals more oxygenated blood and related supplies in the muscle and more deoxygenated blood and waste out of the muscle. By increasing the overall throughput of nourishment and waste to and from the muscle through angiogenesis, the muscle has an increased capacity to do more work – it performs better.
A published research study showed a 200% increase in limb blood flow after the first application of Marc Pro technology. After a three week period of using Marc Pro five days per week, limb blood flow had increased by 247% upon application. This additional increase or reserve was possible because the consistent use resulted in new additional vessels in the area (angiogenesis) giving more capacity to the region.
Another recent published study concluded that performing the same exercise program with Marc Pro stimulation to the exercised muscles during recovery appears to produce significantly greater gains in muscle strength and significantly greater reductions in feelings of muscle fatigue.
Using The Marc Pro
The Marc Pro electronic muscle conditioning device is comfortable and very easy to use. There are two independent channels (A and B) and two self-adhesive electrodes per channel. Each channel can be used on separate muscles or muscle groups. The device should be used while sitting or lying in a relaxed position.
After connecting the device, operation is simple. The intensity dial should be turned up according to the user's pace and range of comfort. The initial sensation is similar to a heartbeat, but as the intensity is increased the muscle contraction will become stronger. A strong contraction is desirable, and in most cases will be possible since even strong, visible contractions are non-fatiguing to muscles. This is what makes Marc Pro unique and ideal for muscle conditioning.
A typical session with the Marc Pro device should last about 30 minutes. For muscle recovery, sessions can be performed one or two times per day as needed. If increased muscle conditioning and enhanced performance are desired, the device should be consistently used one to two times per day, at least three days per week. Examples of electrode placements and contractions can be found here.
Building Muscle with EMS – Fact and Fiction
Marc Pro is not designed to build muscle on its own. The fact that we don’t even attempt to do so allowed us to greatly alter our root technology to focus and be more ideal in the movement of nourishment and waste; the keys to recovery and conditioning.
With that said, by decreasing the downtime between workouts training can occur more frequently. By being more fully recovered for your next workout your training can be more effective. And by conditioning with Marc Pro your muscles can do more before breaking down. All of this allows Marc Pro to significantly increase the benefits of your existing workouts.
A recent study indicated that using Marc Pro during recovery enhances the effects of resistance exercise by increasing muscle strength while decreasing the feelings of muscle fatigue.
Technology and Comparison to Competitors
- Conditioning. Helps you do more and last longer through increased capacity for nourishment delivery
- Recovery. Speeds recovery after strenuous activity by increasing the exchange of nourishment and waste
- Low Intensity Recovery. Lower level contractions are always available if desired
- Warm Up (Potentiation). Warm up muscles without discomfort or fatigue
- Low Intensity Warm Up. Lower level contractions are always available if desired
- Massage. Pump and activate muscles for a massage benefit